Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Projects that Involve the Internet

In my English our teacher is out for a few weeks. When he said that we would be working on a project while he was gone. We are doing an independent book report project. Our homework for every night is that after we read we have to blog about what we read and then comment on other people's blogs. We have just started but so far everything is going great. To make the blogging easier the book that I'm reading "Little Brother" is really good.

Another project that included the Internet was also in my English class. If you haven't figured out, my English teacher is loves technology so that is why all of out projects include the Internet. The project we did was based off of the book "Lord of the Flies". We were grouped up into about 3 people, 2 writers and 1 artist. The thing was that we were all from different schools. We used google docs to complete the project. My group wrote more than 3,500 words in out conversation that didnt include the 800 words that our paper was. Everyone in the around 34 groups wrote and paper which we will turn into a magazine. The artists in each group designed the pages. I am so excited to see the finished magazine.

In preperation for the Mid-years we had I recieved a packet for each class that had tonas and tons of questions that I needed to answer. For my Biology class I had over 100 questions to answer. I needed to answer them in a place where I would never lose them. The answer was in a Google Docs. The only bad thing that about google Docs are that they dont show you how many pages you write. I wrote around 17 pages of all Biology question. I hated that! I also did that for social studies. It was sucha big help in preparing for all of those tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment